In this page you can find the publications and scientific works produced in the PeopleNET project.
Data Gathering and Analysis
Papandrea, M., Zignani, M., Gaito, S., Giordano, S. & Rossi, G. P. “How many places do you visit a day?”. In Proc. IEEE Int. Workshop on the Impact of Human Mobility in Pervasive Systems and Applications (PerMoby), March 2013. (pdf)
Sabrina Gaito, Dario Maggiorini, Christian Quadri, Gian Paolo Rossi. “Selective offload and proactive caching of mobile data in LTE-based urban networks”. In Proc. IEEE Int. Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM), June 2013. (pdf)
- Sabrina Gaito, Elena Pagani, Gian Paolo Rossi, Matteo Zignani. “Sensing Multi-dimensional Human Behavior in Opportunistic Networks”. In Proc. Third International ACM Workshop on Mobile Opportunistic Networks (MobiOpp) – Poster Session, March 2012, pp. 89-90.
- Claudio Fiandrino, Paolo Giaccone, Information distribution on a bus-based opportunistic network, Technical Report, 2012
Social Interactions and Mobility Models
Gaito, S., Rossi, G. P. & Zignani, M. “Facencounter: bridging the gap between offline and online social networks”. In Proc. IEEE 8th Int. Conference Signal Image Technology and Internet Based Systems (SITIS), Oct. 2012, pp. 768-775. (pdf)
- Elena Pagani, Gian Paolo Rossi. “Context Sensing for Autonomic Forwarding in Opportunistic Networks”. In Proc. 8th IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob), Oct. 2012, pp. 324-331.
- Bianchi, G., Loreti, P. ; Trkulja, A. “Let me grab your App: Preliminary proof-of-concept design of opportunistic content augmentation”, ICC 2012. Proceedings.(pdf)
Gaito, S., Zignani, M., Rossi, G. P., Sala, A., Wang, X., Zheng, H. & Zhao, B. Y. “On the Bursty Evolution of Online Social Networks”.First ACM International Workshop on Hot Topics on Interdisciplinary Social Networks Research (HotSocial), August 2012. (pdf)
Elena Pagani, Gian Paolo Rossi, “Content Dissemination on Location-based Communities: a Comparative Analysis”. In Proc. 6th International Conference on MOBILe Wireless MiddleWARE, Operating Systems, and Applications (MobilWare 2013), Bologna (Italy), Nov. 11-12, 2013. (pdf)
- Bracciale, L. , Loreti, P. , Bianchi, G. ,”Human time-scale duty cycle for opportunistic WiFi based mobile networks” The 24th Tyrrhenian International Workshop on Digital Communications, Sept. 23 – 25, 2013 Genoa, Italy (pdf)
Efficient Opportunistic Forwarding and data dissemination
- Elena Pagani, Gian Paolo Rossi. “Utility-based Forwarding: a Comparison in Different Mobility Scenarios”. In Proc. Third International ACM Workshop on Mobile Opportunistic Networks (MobiOpp), March 2012, pp. 29-36.
- Elena Pagani, Gian Paolo Rossi, Interest-driven Forwarding for Delay-tolerant Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. In Proc. 9th IEEE International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2013), Cagliari (Italy), July 1-4, 2013.
- Lorenzo Valerio, Marco Conti, Elena Pagani, Andrea Passarella, Autonomic Cognitive-based Data Dissemination in Opportunistic Networks. In Proc. 14th IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM 2013), Madrid (Spain), June 4-7, 2013 (pdf)
- A.Detti, B. Ricci, N. Blefari-Melazzi, “Supporting mobile applications with Information Centric Networking: the case of P2P live adaptive video streaming”, ACM SIGCOMM 2013, ICN workshop,Hong Kong, China, 12 August 2013 (pdf)
- Utku Acer, Paolo Giaccone, David Hay, Giovanni Neglia, Saed Tarapiah, Timely Data Delivery in a Realistic Bus Network, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technologies, Vol.61, No.3, pp.1251-1265, ISSN: 0018-9545, March 2012
- Carlo Borgiattino, Claudio Casetti, Carla Fabiana Chiasserini, Yufeng Duan, Paolo Giaccone, Stefano Ordine, Marco Ricca, Investigating the efficiency of D2D communications through the WiFi-Direct platform, EuWIn workshop on “Experimental Research for the Future Internet”, Luglio 2013
- Yufeng Duan, Paolo Giaccone, Marco Ricca, Multi-Group Communication among Wi-Fi Direct Enabled Devices, Technical report, Settembre 2013
- Javed Iqbal, Paolo Giaccone, Interest-based cooperative caching in multi-hop wireless networks, Globecom Workshop on Device-to-Device (D2D) Communication With and Without Infrastructure, Dicembre 2013
Trustworthy Opportunistic Forwarding
- G. Bianchi, L. Bracciale, P. Loreti “Better than Nothing Privacy with Bloom Filters: to what extent?” UNESCO Chair in Data Privacy, International Conference, PSD 2012, Palermo, Italy, September 26-28, 2012. Proceedings (pdf)
Gaito, S., Quadri, C., Rossi, G. P. & Zignani, M. “THINPLE-the new online Sociality is built on top of NFC-based Contacts”, In Proc. IFIP Wireless Days, October 2012. (pdf)